|Bhaja Mooger Dal Squash Diye|
2 cups water, set to a simmer
- Roast mung dal in a dry skillet until fragrant and golden brown.
- Remove toasted lentils to a bowl & wash in several changes of water.
- Heat oil in same pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry cinnamon stick, star anise and shah jeera till seeds sputter.
- Add julienned squash & toasted lentils, top with ginger paste and turmeric.
- Stir till everything is well combined and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups simmering water to pan, adjust salt taste and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until squash & lentils are fully cooked.
- Garnish with ghee, green chillies and cilantro and serve with hot cooked Basmati rice, naan or tortilla.