2 Chinese bitter melons or 3 ucchay, deseeded and chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
1 daikon radish, peeled and chopped
2 Oriental eggplants, chopped and tossed with salt
4 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. radhuni (wild celery seeds)
2 tej pata (bay leaves)
2 tsp. ginger paste
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. roasted panch phoron powder (Bengali 5-Spice)
sliced green chillies
1/4 tsp. sugar
- Heat oil in a pan and sputter radhuni and tej pata.
- Add radish, sweet & russet potatoes, salt and ginger paste.
- Stir well and cook over medium heat until vegetables are partly cooked.
- Add karela and salted eggplant, stir well, cover and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Make a slurry with the flour and milk.
- Add sugar & green chilies to vegetables along with the slurry and stir.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with ghee and panch phoron powder.