|Vegetable Chops - Beets, Carrots and Sweet Potato are boiled, |
mashed and formed into patties, using besan (chickpea flour)
as a binding agent.
- Cut root vegetables into chunks and boil in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and mash with a fork or potato masher until it resembles chunky mashed potatoes.
- Add chopped onions, flour, yogurt or sour cream & salt and mix through.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Using a tablespoon to measure, drop vegetable mixture into hot oil and flatten to form a patty.
- Shallow fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain patties on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Alternatively, chops may be baked on a cookie sheet (foil lined and greased) at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Serve patties with lime and tamarind chutney.