|Chicken Lettuce Wraps|
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
¼ tsp. sesame oil
1 can water chestnuts, diced
12 leaves Boston or Romaine lettuce
2 green onions, sliced thinly
salt & pepper to taste
- Separate lettuce leaves, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk 1 tsp. oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil together until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining oil to a non-stick skillet on medium heat, and cook chicken thoroughly for about 20 minutes, until browned.
- Add sauce to chicken in pan along with water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- To serve, place 1-2 Tbsp. chicken in a lettuce leaf and garnish with nuts and/or green onions.