|Doi Keema Matar|
A really easy minced meat curry made with ground lamb, beef or chicken and green peas that tastes great as a stuffing for pita pocket sandwiches or served over steamed Basmati rice or with tortillas/chapatis.
- Brown minced meat with salt to taste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over high heat and sputter shah jeera, cinnamon stick and cardamoms.
- Add chopped onion, green chili and fry until onions turn translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- Add ginger & garlic pastes, turmeric and Kashmiri mirch, stir well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stir again and cook until tomatoes break down.
- Add browned chicken, along with mint and stir well.
- Turn heat off, add yogurt a tablespoon at a time and stir into chicken.
- Return cooker to medium heat and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Add half the hot chicken broth, bring to a boil, cover and bring to full pressure.
- Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes, remove from heat and allow all the pressure to release.
- Adjust salt to taste, stir in sugar and remaining hot broth and stir well.
- Garnish with garam masala, ghee and cilantro and serve with hot basmati rice, naan or tortilla.