"But I don't like meatloaf!" to which I replied "Which little boy do you know who doesn't like hamburger?"
You should have seen how clean his rice bowl was when he was all done
He had so much fun with the green beans. He took each one apart and ate the little pods and counted all the depressions left by the pods before eating the rest.
He's totally charming!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring meatloaf mix to room temperature.
- Grind stuffing mix in food processor; place in a deep bowl.
- Grate celery, carrots and onion (mirepoix) in food processor.
- Combine stuffing mix, mirepoix, ketchup, beaten eggs, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Add this to the meatloaf mixture and using hands mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place in a glass loaf pan, pat down to fill all nooks and crannies, cover with foil and bake at 375°F for ½ hour.
- Remove foil and bake another ½ hour or until internal temperature reaches at least 160°F.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, slice and serve over hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes topped with gravy.
- In a big pan, bring a generous quantity of water to a boil.
- Blanch each vegetable, removing vegetables as soon as water returns to a boil.
- Toss each vegetable with a little butter and salt to taste.
- Reserve 1 cup hot water in which vegetables have been blanched.
- Into a saucepan, empty the bottle of Heinz Beef Gravy, stir in as much hot water as needed to achieve the desired consistency of gravy and bring to a boil.