I like to use Italian meatballs from the freezer section of our supermarket unless I'm making an Indian dish. Italian meatballs served my purpose today. The other semi-homemade ingredient in this dish is Cream of Mushroom soup. If you prefer to make your own, a recipe is provided below.
10 dinner-size meatballs, halved
2 cups chicken broth
1 can Cream of Mushroom & Garlic soup
2 cups curly, wide egg noodles, boiled al dente
2 Tbsp. sour cream
- Heat chicken broth and simmer meatballs over medium-high heat until soft and fluffy.
- Remove meatballs and set aside, reserving chicken broth for gravy.
- Whip cream of mushroom soup into broth along with sour cream.
- Return meatballs and noodles to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Adjust salt to taste and serve hot.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add onions, garlic and mushrooms and stir-fry until onions soften.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp. flour and mix well.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in cream, remaining flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil again, stirring constantly.