|Clockwise from top left to right - |
Bagaara Baingan, Tomato Date Chutney,
Asparagus & Shrimp in Mustard Gravy and
Green Beans with Black Pepper
1 bundle asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1" pieces
1/2 lb. frozen salad shrimp, defrosted
1 tsp. ginger paste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. nigella seeds (kalo jeera/kalonji)
4-5 green chillies
1/2 cup black mustard seeds, soaked overnight in salted water
2 Tbsp. white poppy seeds, soaked along with mustard seeds
Juice of 1 lime
- Blanch asparagus pieces and shock in cold water.
- Grind drained mustard and poppy seeds in a blender, strain and mix with lime juice.
- Heat oil, fry green chillies until skins turn white, remove and set aside.
- Add nigella seeds and wait until they sputter.
- Add asparagus pieces along with ginger paste and fry for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp and fried green chillies, then pour in ground mustard.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat source.
- Serve hot over cooked basmati rice.