|Chickpeas, Potatoes & Rainbow Peppers|
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1/2 tsp. shah jeera or cumin seeds
1 tsp. coriander-cumin powder
2 medium (Roma) tomatoes, diced
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sputter cumin seeds, cinnamon & star anise.
- Fry coriander-cumin powder, onions & tomatoes until tomatoes break down.
- Add tomato paste, ginger and garlic pastes & stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add sweet peppers and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir in garbanzo beans & potatoes.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer until dry.
- Garnish with diced jalapeno peppers and remove from heat