|Coffee Almond Crunch Ice Cream|
Sunday, August 31, 2014
|Pazun Htamin Kyaw|
As in any other fried rice recipe, it is best to use day old rice that has been refrigerated overnight so that the rice absorbs all moisture. I've used Basmati rice, but jasmine or any other long-grain rice would work just as well.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
3 cups water + 2 cups chicken broth (vegetarians use 5 cups water)
1 tsp. shrimp powder (vegetarians use 1 heaped teaspoon julienned nori)
1 Tbsp. fish sauce (optional)
1/2 bottle gourd/lauki, peeled and cubed (seedless cucumber works too)
1 small onion, diced
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
salt to taste
Lime, cut in wedges
2 green onions, sliced thin
- Divide lettuce and green onions between 4 bowls & set aside.
- Bring water and chicken broth to a boil and turn heat down to med-low.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until lauki is soft.
- Ladle soup over lettuce in the 4 bowls (lettuce will wilt in hot broth).
- Serve with wedges of lime.