|Shorshe Bata Begun|
6 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic paste)
- Toss eggplant pieces with salt & set aside.
- Rinse mustard seeds (in a tea strainer) to remove excess salt.
- Blend mustard seeds with 1/2 cup water to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high & sputter cumin seeds & 1 chili.
- Fry garlic & onions until onions turn translucent.
- Add eggplant, stir & fry until eggplant pieces are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes to skillet, followed by mustard paste and stir gently.
- Cover, simmer for 5 minutes & adjust salt & sugar to taste.
- Garnish with remaining diced chilies and serve as a side dish.