|Deem Diye Bandha Kopi|
1 head cabbage, grated in food processor
2 medium onions, grated
6 cloves garlic, grated
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
1 tsp. coriander powder
½ tsp. cumin powder
½ tsp. garam masala powder
1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. dried shrimp powder
1 Tbsp. ghee
2 eggs, well beaten
2 green chilies, chopped
1. Grate cabbage along with onions and garlic in the food processor.
2. Heat oil in pan over high heat, add coriander, cumin and garam masala powders & stir.
3. Add tomatoes, grated cabbage and green chilies, stirring well.
4. Add salt to taste, pepper and shrimp powder.
5. Cover and simmer until cabbage caramelizes and turns golden brown.
6. Stir over medium heat until oil resurfaces.
7. Make a well in the center of cabbage and pour ghee in the well.
8. Break eggs into well, season with salt and pepper, coddle the eggs and allow to set.
9. Working from center to the outside, incorporate eggs into the cabbage.
10. Stir-fry until oil resurfaces and eggs are completely mixed into cabbage.
Serve with steamed basmati rice or chapatis.