|Chingri Begun Laal Shaak er Chochori|
Luck was on my side when I went shopping for fresh vegetables a few days ago. There was a good looking bunch of red Swiss chard which immediately evoked images of a stir-fry with eggplant and shrimp. The stems and backs of the leaves were beet red and the surface of the leaves were green with red veins.
1/4 tsp. toasted panch phoron powder
- Toss shrimp with salt & turmeric and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat & stir-fry shrimp until pink.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and heat another 2 Tbsp. oil.
- Fry eggplant cubes until golden brown and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet & sputter green chilies & panch phoron.
- Add onions, garlic, spinach & salt, cover & cook until stems are tender.
- Return eggplant & shrimp to skillet, add toasted panch phoron powder, stir & cook for another 5 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste & garnish with ghee & slit green chilies.