2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground turmeric (optional)
- Grease two 8" x 8" glass baking dishes with vegetable oil.
- Mix chickpea flour with salt, turmeric and 2 cups water in a large bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and press through a strainer to remove any lumps.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a wide skillet over high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium-high and stir the simmering water while pouring in the batter.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and keep stirring until mixture thickens and appears glossy, for about 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dishes.
- Leave at room temperature until cool then chill in the refrigerator for an hour or longer.
- The longer it sits, the firmer the tohu will get.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.