1 cup rice
Lime or lemon juice
- The night before, cook rice and water until rice is very soft.
- Cover and leave overnight at room temperature.
- Next day, simmer water with dried shrimp for 30 minutes.
- Combine shrimp broth with cooked rice and stir well.
- Simmer uncovered to gruel consistency.
- Add most of the diced chicken, ginger, garlic & vegetables.
- Adjust salt to taste & simmer until vegetables are very soft.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving bowls.
- Garnish with remaining chicken, chives, sesame oil & a squeeze of lime.