Left over white/steamed rice, unless cooked at home, usually turns hard and inedible the next day. I usually freeze the left over rice in Ziploc bags until I'm ready to turn it into fried rice.
2 cups cold cooked white rice (preferably short-grain sticky rice)
1 Tbsp. dark roasted sesame oil
2 tsp. dark soy sauce
3 Tbsp. light soy sauce
4-5 slices bacon
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. butter
1 large egg, beaten with salt & pepper
1 cup peas
2-3 stalks green onion, chopped
- Remove all lumps from the rice with your fingers.
- Pour sesame oil and soy sauces on rice and mix until rice is coated well. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crispy. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat vegetable oil and saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add rice and crumbled bacon to pan and toss.
- Make a well in the center of the rice and melt butter in well.
- Add beaten egg. When it begins to set, combine it with the rice.
- Stir frozen peas into rice and garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately.