Add as much red hot chilies as you can handle. I used more bell peppers because my family can't stand too much heat.
15-20 red hot chili peppers, halved and seeded
- In a saucepan, combine chili peppers, red bell peppers, and apple cider vinegar.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened.
- Drain and transfer peppers to a blender, puree and strain through a sieve to remove skin.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add pepper puree and sugar.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when the mixture reaches a jam consistency.
- Allow to cool and transfer into jars.