3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Kashmiri mirch or chili powder, depending on spice preference
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. coriander powder
2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 oz.), cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
½ tsp. sugar
8 ounces fresh or dried egg noodles
Thinly sliced shallots, raw or fried
Roasted chopped peanuts
Chopped green onion
Roasted red chili flakes
Fried egg noodles
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium flame.
- Add garlic and chopped shallot and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chili, paprika, turmeric, coriander & cumin powders and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth, chicken thighs, fish sauce, and sugar.
- Stir everything together, scraping up any bits that have stuck to pan.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and divide between two bowls.
- Top with chicken curry and garnishes of your choice.