Yesterday we had 96°F temperatures and today it was down to 69°F. Looks like Fall is on its way, so I decided to make Khichuri for dinner.
10-12 baby carrots, peeled
- Wash & drain the rice, dals and wheat berries.
- Heat oil, fry mushrooms until golden brown, remove & set aside.
- In same oil, sputter Tempering and Spice Powders.
- Stir-fry onions and garlic until translucent, add ginger paste & stir.
- Add drained rice & lentils and stir-fry until coated with oil & spices.
- Stir in 6 cups hot water, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes, rice & lentils are cooked.
- Add mushrooms & peppers along with hot chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, add heated coconut milk & adjust salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowls & garnish as desired.