|Moh Let Saung|
The traditional sweetener is solid palm sugar that is chopped, dissolved in water and cooked until syrupy. I've made it with pure maple syrup before and with agave syrup today, so take your pick. All kinds of delightful tid-bits can be added to this beverage, such as rehydrated basil seeds, white tapioca pearls, bean thread vermicelli and bits of jello.
- Soak tapioca pearls overnight or for at least 3 hours and strain.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil, add tapioca pearls and cook until transparent.
- Strain the tapioca under cold water and set aside.
- Pour agave nectar in the bottom of the glass.
- Add jello, tapioca and salt, top with cold coconut milk and add ice cubes.
- Stir well and serve.