|S&B Spicy Curry Powder|
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Whip yogurt with next 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Pour whipped yogurt over, rub into chicken pieces and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Wash rice in several changes of water, drain and set aside.
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil along with next 4 ingredients.
- Add rice and boil over medium-high heat for 15 minutes until 75% done, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and transfer marinated chicken to skillet along with marinade.
- Fry chicken for 2 minutes until golden brown, flip to other side and fry for another 2 minutes, remove from skillet and separate chicken pieces from gravy.
- Heat 6 Tbsp. oil in same skillet and fry sliced onions until translucent.
- Remove 2/3 onions to line an oven-proof pan and set aside.
- To the remaining onions in the skillet, add ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add diced tomatoes, cover and simmer until tomatoes break down and oil resurfaces.
- Add reserved chicken gravy, bring to a boil and remove sauce from heat.
- Add 1/3 of the rice to cover onions in oven-proof dish and embed half the chicken pieces, 1/2 the sliced potatoes, 1/2 cup peas into the rice.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the deep fried onions and 1/2 tsp. salt over this first layer and add 1/3 of the sauce by the spoonful all over.
- Add another 1/3 rice layer, followed by remaining chicken pieces, sliced potatoes and peas, another 1/3 of the sauce, remaining deep fried onions and some salt.
- Cover with remaining rice and sauce, garnished with milk and saffron solution, cilantro and mint.
- Cover oven-proof pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350*F for 1 hour.