1 bundle asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1" pieces
1/2 lb. medium shrimp (35-40 count), shelled & deveined
1 tsp. ginger paste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. nigella seeds (kalo jeera/kalonji)
4-5 green chillies
2 Tbsp. black mustard seeds, soaked overnight in salted water
2 Tbsp. grated coconut (unsweetened)
salt to taste
Juice of 1 lime
1. Grind drained mustard in a blender, strain and mix with lime juice.
2. Heat oil, fry green chillies until skins turn white, remove and set aside.
3. Add nigella seeds and wait until they sputter.
4. Add asparagus pieces along with ginger paste and fry for a few minutes.
5. Stir in coconut and shrimp and simmer until shrimp turn pink.
6. Pour mustard into pan, stir and adjust salt to taste.
7. Return fried green chilies to pan and transfer to a serving dish.
Serve on a bed of hot Basmati rice.