|Cream of Wheat Cake Made With Coconut Milk|
1 can (13 1/2 fl. oz.) coconut milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick (4 oz.) butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. raisins
1 Tbsp. white poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toast semolina in a sauce pan over medium heat to a light brown color.
- Set toasted semolina aside.
- Beat eggs and mix with coconut milk, brown sugar & salt.
- Stir wet ingredients into semolina until well blended and lumps disappear.
- Place sauce pan over medium-high heat, add butter and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir raisins into mixture and pour into 8" x 8" oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds & bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.