|Kachki Maach-er Jhol|
|Frozen Blocks of Whitebait|
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch/paprika/chili powder
- Rinse the whitebait in a colander under running water and drain.
- Marinate fish in turmeric, paprika and garlic, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sputter nigella seeds and chilies.
- Stir-fry onion slices until translucent, add ginger-garlic pastes & tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer until oil resurfaces, then stir in fish and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, adjust salt to taste and garnish with remaining oil and green onions.