|Mung Dal-er Khichuri for Lunch|
|Mung Dal-er Khichuri for dinner|
- In a dry skillet, toast oatmeal until aroma is nutty, but not browned.
- Set oatmeal aside to cool and toast dry lentils until golden brown.
- Wash lentils, soak in hot water for 15 minutes and drain.
- Toss eggplant with salt & turmeric and set aside.
- Heat oil and sputter panch phoron and green chilies.
- Add eggplant, fry until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Add lentils, oatmeal, chopped carrots, chayote squash, ginger paste, salt to taste and 1-1/2 cups water to pressure cooker.
- Close lid, bring to full pressure, lower heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup simmering water, adjust salt to taste and mash lentils until smooth & creamy.
- Add fried eggplant to lentils, and stir in ghee & cilantro.
- Divide khichuri among serving bowls and top with a squeeze of lime & quartered eggs.