- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet and sputter fennel seeds, chili, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Stir-fry onions until translucent and add ginger & garlic pastes.
- Stir well, add tomato paste and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Stir in paprika, tomatoes, potatoes and peppercorns, and cook until tomatoes break down.
- Add simmering chicken broth, meatballs and salt to taste.
- Lower heat to medium and simmer until gravy thickens and oil resurfaces.
- Top with peas, simmer for another 3 minutes and serve with rice or chapatis.