1 cup urad dal, washed and soaked in water for 1/2 hour
1 lb. salad shrimp
1/2 pkg. frozen peas
4 Tbsp. oil
1/4 tsp. Shah Jeera or cumin seeds
1 tej pata (bay leaf)
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp. coriander powder
1/4 tsp. cumin powder
2 tsp. ginger paste
salt to taste & a pinch of turmeric
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. ghee
handful cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
1. Cook lentils with salt and a pinch of turmeric and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat, sputter cumin seeds, bay leaf, coriander & cumin powders.
3. Add ginger paste and peppers and stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
4. Add shrimp to pan along with peas, stir-fry for a few minutes, then add cooked dal to the pan.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, add sugar, adjust salt, cover and cook dal for a few minutes.
6. Remove from heat, garnish with ghee, cilantro and sliced peppers.