|Dry Cauliflower Curry|
1 cauliflower, cut in florets
1 russet potato, cubed
1 cup frozen peas
4 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
½ tsp. shah jeera or cumin seeds
2 medium onions, cubed
2 tsp. ginger paste
1 tsp. garlic paste
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 – 3 green chilies
½ tsp. garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp. ghee
1. Boil water and blanch onions for 2 minutes, strain and set both aside.
2. Puree onions, chilies, onion, ginger, garlic and tomato pastes in a blender.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat and fry cauliflower until golden.
4. Remove cauliflower and set aside, then do the same with potato cubes.
5. Heat oil in the same pan and add cumin seeds.
6. When cumin starts to sizzle, add onion puree and simmer until oil resurfaces.
7. Add reserved hot water, bring to a boil and add cauliflower & potatoes.
8. Cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked.
9. Add frozen peas, adjust salt to taste, cover and simmer for five minutes.
10. Sprinkle garam masala powder over the cauliflower, stir and remove from heat.
11. Garnish with ghee and serve.