|Karola Begun Alu Thorkari|
2 Chinese bitter melons or 3 ucchay, deseeded and chopped
1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
2 Oriental eggplants, chopped and tossed with salt
4 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. radhuni (wild celery seeds)
2 tsp. ginger paste
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
3 sliced green chillies
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. ghee
- Toss eggplants with salt and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sputter radhuni.
- Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add potatoes, salt and ginger paste.
- Stir well and cook over medium heat until potatoes are partly cooked.
- Add tomatoes, karela and salted eggplant, stir well, cover and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in sugar & green chilies, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with ghee.