|Burmese Stir-Fried Cabbage |
with Dried Shrimp & Eggs
1 head cabbage, quartered and julienned
2 medium onions, diced
6 cloves garlic, diced
3 green chilies, diced
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch/paprika/cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. dried shrimp powder
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
4 + 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
salt to taste
- Heat 4 Tbsp. oil in pan over high heat, fry garlic & onions until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, cabbage and green chilies, stirring well.
- Add salt to taste, pepper and shrimp powder.
- Cover and simmer until cabbage caramelizes and turns golden brown.
- Stir in fish sauce and cook over medium heat until oil resurfaces.
- Make a well in the center of cabbage and pour 1 Tbsp. oil in the well.
- Break eggs into well, season with salt and pepper, coddle the eggs and allow to set.
- Working from center to the outside, incorporate eggs into the cabbage.
- Stir-fry until oil resurfaces and eggs are completely mixed into cabbage.