|Begun Diye Palang Shaak|
1 pkg. baby spinach greens
2 Oriental eggplants, chopped
2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp. oil
½ tsp. Shah Jeera or cumin seeds
1 tej pata (bay leaf)
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
¼ tsp. sugar
Salt to taste
1 tsp. ghee
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
1. Cut eggplants into bite-size pieces, toss with salt and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat, add bay leaf and cumin seeds.
3. When cumin seeds sputter, add diced peppers, onions and garlic & stir-fry until onions turn translucent.
4. Add eggplant pieces and fry until slightly browned.
5. Add baby spinach, stir and cook until spinach wilts then add sugar and adjust salt to taste.
6. Remove from heat and garnish with ghee and sliced peppers.
Serve with steamed Basmati rice or tortillas.