1 large onion, peeled and diced
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch/paprika
2-3 green chilies, diced
1/2 small bunch cilantro, diced
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup besan/chickpea flour
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
salt to taste
1 cup warm water
- Brown chicken with salt in half the oil along with diced onions & set aside.
- Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat and add besan.
- Roast besan, stirring continuously, until golden brown and add the rest of the ingredients except chicken and cilantro.
- Add warm water and stir until besan forms a smooth paste.
- Keep stirring until all the water is absorbed and mixture is creamy.
- Add chicken and cilantro and stir again until the whole thing forms a ball and pulls away from edges of skillet, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Form into patties and pan-fry kababs until brown on both sides.
- Serve with ketchup or sweet chili sauce.