1 large onion, sliced
1/2 stick butter
minced cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Marinate chicken in next 6 ingredients for 15 minutes
- Simmer chicken along with marinade in a hot skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add Butter Chicken Masala to chicken and stir well.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste, add butter, stir and remove from heat.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional).
Make Your Own Butter Chicken Masala
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, diced
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
1/4 cup (2 oz.) canned tomato paste
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (4 oz.) chicken broth
1/2 cup (4 oz.) heavy whipping cream
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger paste, tomato paste, salt and garam masala powder.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, scrape bottom of skillet and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.