|Singapore Egg Noodles|
I generally make Singapore noodles with rice noodles, but egg noodles work just as well. This is a one-dish meal that can be made in under 30 minutes and is a great lunch idea. Accompanied by a serving of pan-fried dumplings, this hits the spot and keeps you satiated for a while.
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. grated ginger or paste
2 stalks green onions, sliced
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. Ajinomoto (MSG), optional
salt to taste
- Simmer curry powder, salt & black pepper in broth for 3 minutes.
- Off heat, soak noodles in broth until water is absorbed.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and saute ginger, garlic and 1 green chili.
- Add onions and tomatoes and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, peppers and cabbage, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Make a well in the center, pour some oil and beaten eggs and allow to set.
- Turn heat down to medium, add noodles and MSG, stir and cook until noodles are coated with eggs.
- Garnish with sesame oil, remaining chilies and green onions.