|Misti Alu Begun Posto|
4 Tbsp. white poppy seeds, soaked in 1 cup boiling water and cooled
2 green chilies, minced
1 tsp. salt or to taste
2 Japanese eggplant, cut in bite-sized pieces
1 sweet potato, peeled & cut in bite-sized pieces
2 green chilies, slit
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
1/4 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. nigella/kalonji seeds
2-3 dried red chilies, deseeded
1 tsp. ghee
- Blend poppy seeds, soaking liquid, chilies and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sputter nigella seeds, slit chilies and dried chilies.
- Add sweet potatoes, stir, cover and simmer on medium heat until slightly cooked.
- Add eggplant, ginger, salt to taste and stir-fry until eggplant turns a golden brown.
- Pour blended poppy seeds & sugar into skillet, coat vegetables with sauce and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with ghee and cilantro.