Today's chicken dish was fast and easy. One and a half pounds of boneless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces were browned and simmered in a ready-to-cook butter sauce by Taste of India.
I'm amazed at the quality of the product. This Butter Chicken tasted better than anything I've tasted at Indian restaurants around here.
1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
1 (15.8 oz.) pouch Taste of India Butter Chicken Sauce
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
handful of cilantro, minced
salt to taste
- Brown chicken pieces in oil, in batches, over medium-high heat.
- Return all chicken to skillet and pour sauce over the pieces.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add included pakets of ground masalas, chili powder and kasuri methi.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Garnish with minced cilantro and serve with rice or chapatis.