- Toss eggplants with 4 Tbsp. mustard oil, salt to taste, turmeric and paprika.
- Dissolve hot mustard powder in 1 Tbsp. water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Whip mustard paste, green chili paste, yogurt and coconut milk until smooth and free of lumps.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and toss in tomatoes and marinated eggplants.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes, stir well, cover again and simmer until eggplants are cooked for about 10 minutes.
- When oil resurfaces, stir in whipped sauce in and around eggplants, cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir, adjust salt and sugar to taste and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with remaining mustard oil, sliced chilies and cilantro.