|Murgi'r Malai Curry|
Malai Curry refers to anything that is simmered in spices and coconut milk. For those who are allergic or don't like coconut, evaporated milk can be used in its stead. Even when coconut milk is used, a few teaspoons of evaporated milk added towards the end makes the gravy smooth and extra creamy.
- Toss chicken pieces with Marinade and set aside for half an hour.
- Blanch onions and garlic in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and blend with remaining Gravy Paste ingredients, except coconut milk and chilies.
- Heat oil, brown potatoes until al-dente, remove from oil and set aside.
- In the same oil, sputter Tempering ingredients.
- Add onion-garlic paste and stir-fry over medium-low heat until oil resurfaces.
- Add chicken pieces, coat with stir-fried paste and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, coconut milk and stir, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste and add green chilies.
- Garnish with ghee and serve with rice or chapatis.