|Begun Alu Bhaja|
1 russet potato, cubed
3 Oriental eggplant, cubed
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch
1/2 tsp. panch phoron (cumin,fenugreek,nigella,black mustard & fennel seeds)
2 tsp. ginger paste
1 tsp. roasted panch phoron, ground
3-4 green chilies, sliced
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. ghee
- Heat oil, sputter panch phoron and fry potatoes until half-cooked.
- Add ginger paste and Kashmiri mirch and stir well
- Add and fry eggplant cubes over medium-high heat until golden-brown.
- Sprinkle roasted panch phoron and sugar over top, and stir.
- Garnish with cilantro, green chilies and ghee, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve with hot, cooked Basmati rice or Indian bread.