1 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- If necessary, blanch green beans in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sputter kalonji seeds.
- Add sliced onions and stir-fry until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and simmer over medium heat until tomatoes break down.
- Add green beans, salt and black pepper, stir well and simmer until tender.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with more freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed Basmati rice or chapatis.