|Lasunwali Masoor Dal|
2 green chilies, diced
- Cook lentils in water, salt and turmeric until lentils totally disintegrate & set aside.
- Heat oil & fry 5 spice and green chillies until they snap, crackle & pop.
- Add onions, tomatoes, garlic and sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Pour lentils over onions in pan, add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Adjust salt to taste, garnish with diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, cilantro & ghee.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed Basmati rice or Indian bread.