|Mung Dal with Zucchini|
- Wash mung dal in several changes of water, drain & soak for 15 minutes.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add mung dal and boil until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and sputter cumin seeds.
- Add zucchini & tomatoes along with ginger paste & turmeric.
- Stir and simmer until zucchini is cooked.
- Pour cooked dal over zucchini, add 1/2 cup hot water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with ghee and green chilies and serve with hot cooked Basmati rice, naan or tortilla.