|Hin Nu Ywet|
1 lb. spinach, rinsed & chopped
15 medium shrimp, peeled & de-veined
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
2 large onions, diced
6 cloves garlic, diced
3 Thai red chilies, diced
1 Tbsp. shrimp paste
4 Tbsp. peanut oil
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
Salt to taste
1. Marinate shrimp in fish sauce & turmeric for 10 minutes.
2. Pound onions, garlic & chilies in a mortar & pestle.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil, stir-fry shrimp until pink, remove and set aside.
4. In the same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add onion mixture & shrimp paste and stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
6. Add spinach, stir well and simmer until cooked.
7. Return shrimp to pan, stir and cook for a minute.
8. Drizzle with sesame oil and transfer to serving dish.
Serve with steamed white rice.