|Basmati Rice Cooked on the Stove Top|
|Basmati Rice Cooked in the Microwave Oven|
2 (6 oz. rice cooker) cups Basmati rice, rinsed in several changes of water & drained
- Bring water & rice to a boil in a saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting and cover with lid.
- Allow to cook without lifting cover for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
- Place rice and water in a large microwaveable dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high power for 18 minutes.
- Leave in microwave for 10 minutes before serving.