|Maacher Muro Diye Bhaja Mooger Dal|
1 cup frozen peas
4 cups water
1 tsp. ginger paste
1/2 tsp. garlic paste
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. Kashmiri mirch or paprika or chili powder
1/2 tsp. Bengali garam masala powder
1/2 tsp. coriander powder
1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- Cook split mung beans in 4 cups water with ginger & garlic pastes and salt to taste. Top with peas and set aside.
- Clean fish heads well and marinate with turmeric and salt for half an hour.
- Heat oil, fry fish heads until crisp and golden brown, remove from oil and set aside.
- In the same oil, sputter cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add paprika, garam masala, coriander & cumin powders, salt & sugar to taste and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return fish heads to skillet and pour lentils over them, stir well, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Break up the fish heads, if preferred, adjust salt to taste and stir.
- Garnish with ghee and cilantro before transferring to serving dish.