|Alu Pyaj Deem Bhaja|
4 hard-boiled eggs, slit vertically around the circumference of each egg
1½ russet potatoes, peeled and cut in long wedges
1 + 1 large onions, sliced
2 + 2 serrano peppers, diced
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. ghee
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch/paprika/chili powder
salt to taste
- Place 4 eggs in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and set aside until eggs are cool enough to peel.
- Slit each egg vertically 4-5 times around the circumference of the egg.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sizzle 2 diced peppers.
- Add chili powder and 1 sliced onion and stir-fry until onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes, salt to taste, stir, cover and simmer until potatoes are crisp and brown.
- Add eggs and stir-fry, turning every few minutes so eggs brown on all sides.
- Remove contents of pan to serving dish and add more oil and ghee to pan.
- Slice eggs in half vertically, fry cut side down until browned and sealed and nestle among browned potatoes in serving dish.
- Fry remaining peppers and onions until golden brown.
- Pour over eggs in serving dish and garnish with sliced serrano peppers.