1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in bite-size pieces
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1/4 tsp. shah jeera or cumin seeds
2 large onions, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. ginger paste
1 Tbsp garlic paste
3 Tbsp. Greek or hung yogurt
2 Tbsp. Shan Tandoori Chicken Masala
1 + 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
- Marinate chicken in 1 Tbsp. oil, ginger & garlic paste, yogurt and tandoori mix for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan over high heat and sputter cumin seeds, cinnamon and star anise.
- Add onions & garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken.
- Stir well and simmer for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with a sprig of curry leaves and serve over hot Basmati rice or tortillas.