|Nepali Alu Dum|
2 tsp. Kashmiri Mirch or paprika
- Cut potatoes in half; boil for 15 minutes and drain, reserving water.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry kalonji till the seeds sputter.
- Add chopped onion and fry until onions turn translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- Stir in chilli paste, salt, turmeric, chilli powder & paprika and stir-fry for a minute on low flame.
- Add ginger paste and some of the reserved water, bring to a boil and add potato.
- Add more of the reserved water, depending on how much gravy is desired and cook until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve.
I shared this recipe on: