- Blanch onions and garlic, drain and save the blanching liquid for gravy.
- Blend onions and garlic with green chili, tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sputter cumin seeds.
- Pour onion paste over hot oil and simmer with turmeric, panch phoron power and garam masala powder.
- Stir well and add potatoes, cover and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Add a cup of boiling water and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to serving dish, place eggs around edges with potatoes in the center of dish.