|Toasted Mung Beans with Cauliflower|
This lentil dish is a great side dish to add to any festive meal. Split mung beans are toasted to a golden brown, washed and cooked until soft then combined with stir-fried cauli-florets, ginger paste and garam masala powder. A pinch of sugar and salt to taste season the lentils. It's finally garnished with cilantro, green chilies and of course, ghee.
- Boil 3 cups of water, mung dal and salt until lentils soften and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sputter cumin seeds.
- Add cauliflower and brown until golden, add ginger paste, paprika and garam masala.
- Add a little water and simmer until cauliflower cooks.
- Pour mung dal over cauliflower, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.